|Title:||EMT Basic/Advanced/Intermediate |
The EMT-Basic/Advanced/Intermediate will, under general supervision, provide basic emergency care to the ill and injured. They will guide and support Emergency Medical Responders and/or students in the application of appropriate EMS techniques, as required. Performs direct illness/injury assessment and management, preparation for transport, transfer of information, and patient care.
Classification: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Supervision Received: Reports to the EMS Operations Director or shift lead.
1. Responds to emergency medical occurrences as they arise, performs initial assessment and renders EMT Basic/Advanced/Intermediate assistance to ill or injured patients as required.
2. Prepares or assists in the preparation of patients for transport.
3. Provides direct comprehensive patient care as required in each individual case.
4. Leads, guides, and/or assists in the training of Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), EMT-Basic and/or students, as specifically assigned.
5. Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental or infection control standards, and maintains all appropriate required documentation.
6. Inspects emergency medical equipment to ensure serviceability and compliance with safety and infection control regulations and standards.
7. Completes and transfers patient care information and records as per established procedures.
8. Performs routine station, working and living areas, cleaning on a daily basis and vehicle maintenance as directed by the EMS Shift Lead.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by EMS Operations Director.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Wyoming certification as Emergency Medical Technician- Basic/Advanced/Intermediate.
3. Must possess a valid Wyoming Driverís license, clean driving record and clean background check.
4. Valid CPR certification (AHA BLS-4-HCP or ARC CPR for the professional rescuer).
5. Must maintain an EMT-Basic/Intermediate/Advanced certification including, but not limited to: IV MAST, AED self-assisted medications, Medical Drugs and Cardiac Drugs.
6. A minimum of one (1) year
experience in Emergency Medical Services is preferred.
7. Minimum of 18 years of age.
8. Must have knowledge and understanding of all existing medical equipment.
9. Must be proficient in use of calculator, computer and other standard office equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of and skill in the application of EMT- Basic/Advanced/Intermediate protocol and procedures.
2. Knowledge of and skill in the application of basic on-site emergency medical protocol and procedures.
3. Knowledge of the use of emergency medical transport procedures, facilities, and equipment.
4. Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
5. Knowledge of emergency medical equipment maintenance regulations and policy standards
6. Knowledge and skills of record maintenance.
7. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
8. Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
9. Ability to provide guidance and support to other EMT staff and/or students.
1. Subject to varying situations including ability to understand and respond appropriately, effectively and sensitively to special population groups, including those defined by race, ethnicity, language, age, sex, sexual orientation, economic standing, etc.
2. Frequent contact with a variety of people including prisoners and people with mental, emotional and physical disabilities.
3. Medical office, exam room, laboratory, radiology, emergency room and professional practice settings. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases and other conditions common to rural clinic environments.
4. Work environment involves exposure to unusual elements, potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
5. May require travel between District sites.
Varied activities including moving, traversing, reaching, bending, and lifting. Requires full range of body motion including moving, positioning and transporting patients. Also requires manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires moving and traversing in oftentimes difficult and uneven terrain for extensive periods of time. Occasionally must move items weighing up to 75 pounds without assistance. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. This position frequently requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours. Year-round highway travel between clinics and other facilities throughout the district is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, and working conditions for the persons so classified. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Pinedale, Wyoming is located approximately 77 miles south of Jackson Hole at the foothills of the Wind River Mountain Range. We offer world-class fishing, hunting, and recreational activities at your doorstep. The White Pine Ski Area and groomed snow machining trails are some of the winter recreational activities the area has to offer as well. Pinedale was selected as one of the Americaís Promise Alliance 2012 100 Best Communities for Young People. Our excellent school district has recently added a new elementary facility and an aquatic center is available to the entire community. The Museum of the Mountain Man and the annual Rendezvous pageant it hosts are a must see for any resident or visitor.
How to Apply:
All interested parties should contact Dani Long at email@example.com. Please include an application and resume.
|Company:||Sublette County Hospital District|
|Close Date:||Open Until Filled|
|Location:||Sublette County, Wyoming|
Pinedale Online Job Board www.pinedaleonline.com/jobboard